COVID-19, MORE WELL KNOWN ASCORONAVIRUS,AND THE STEPS WE ARE TAKING FOR YOUR SAFETY.
CORONAVIRUS: HOW WE’RE TAKING PRECAUTIONS
The safety of our patients and staff is of the utmost importance at St. Lucy’s Vision Center. Therefore, in light of the issues surrounding COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, we want to let our patients know the precautionary steps we are taking.
Our leadership team pro-actively developed a plan to deal with COVID-19. We believe preparing our staff and providing information to patients are positive steps to avoid spreading the virus.
- Patients are being asked to reschedule their appointments if they have a respiratory infection, fever, or if they have traveled outside the US in the previous 30 days.
- Staff members who have respiratory issues or fever are instructed to stay at home.
- For further protection, patients are being asked to wear a mask upon arrival to our offices, if they are recovering from cold symptoms.
- Any patient with fever is asked not to enter the office and to call prior to the visit.
While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may have increased risk for COVID-19.
The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19, OR IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE SEE YOUR PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN TO BE TESTED – AND BE SURE TO FOLLOW THEIR GUIDELINES TO AVOID SPREADING THE VIRUS.
If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us at (813) 908-0100.
Please understand that St. Lucy’s Vision Center is not a governing body. We encourage our patients to use the following official resources to find current information on appropriate courses of action and to track new cases:
- World Health Organization (WHO) Rights, Roles & Responsibilities of Health Workers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guidance for COVID-19
- OSHA Guidance on Workplace Preparation for COVID-19
If you Have Any Questions Call Us At (813) 908-0100.